Tuesday, June 24, 2003

++ YESTERDAY I PARKED in a 4 hour only zone. meaning i can only park there by law for 4 hours before i must move my car. no problem. i parked at 7.00am, so ideally i should move my car by 11am. but the police never come to check at exactly 4 hours. they can't. they are way too busy checking other streets and writing stupid tickets. so realistically that gives me 4.5 hours, maybe 5 hours if i press my luck. so 11am rolls around. 11.30am rolls around. thats 4.5 hours. noon rolls around. thats 5 hours. now i'm starting to push my luck. but i'm hungry. so i eat lunch. well eating food and trying to remember something afterwards just doesn't quite ever work out .. so 5 hours later .. 6.00pm .. 10 hours since i first parked in the 4 hour zone i remember about my car. running. keys in hand. my car is still there at least. .. .. .. and .. .. .. no ticket! woohoo! yeah yeah, not a big deal you say. you've done it too. you've actually even done 10 hours in a 2 hour zone. someone else you know even did all day in a 30 minutes loading zone. blah blah blah blah blah.
have you ever done it directly across the street from the local police station?
ha. i thought not. i rule. dogs drool. ++

No comments: