Wednesday, June 30, 2004

# 10 ..

++ 10. I have lived in Taiwan, Fairborn, Cincinnati, Denver, San Francisco, Portland (OR), and Seattle.
..
I was born in Taipei, Taiwan, but I don't remember the address where I lived there. actually, i don't even remember being there. actually i don't think i even realized i was from a different country until i was 4 or 5 when some kids started making fun of me because i looked different. and even that i don't remember. it was until high school that my mom told me that some kids used to make fun of me and pick on me in pre-school and i told my grandfather (because i guess he used to pick me up from pre-school) and he told me to stand up for myself and fight back. which is kind of funny now that i think about it. apparantly i did. and the kids stopped picking on me. i guess in kindergarten and 1st grade another kid used to pick on me. would take my lunch money. (..as if thats not something straight out of a book or a story.) i guess it kept happenning until there was a field trip somewhere and all parents were invited to go. i don't remember where we were going. hell, i don't even remember having to give my lunch money to some bully. anyway, the kid tried to take my money when my parents were sitting right next to me. not a good idea, i guess. so that kid stopped taking my lunch money. but i think it traumatized me so much (maybe thats not the right word. shook me up enough? scared the hell out of me? i dunno..) that i know i didn't buy lunch again at school until i was in 6th grade and one day we didn't have anything to make a lunch with, so i had to buy lunch. ..or maybe i started packing my lunch because everyone had those cool lunchboxes with a picture of the transformers on in or battlecats or he-man and those that brought their lunches would set up their lunchboxes so no one else could see what they had brought. oh for the record my mom or dad never made me lunches when i was a little kid. its not that i didn't have a mom or dad or that they didn't love me or any of that crap. they just didn't. and i didn't care. i made my own lunches. and i had a transformers lunch box. to match my transformers underwear. but that stopped last year when i started buying my lunches again. transformers are out of style now anyway. ++

No comments: