Tuesday, August 14, 2007

HOME OWNERS ASSOCIATION MEETING

++ I WENT TO my first Home Owners Association meeting. It's quite weird. Introductions go something like this: "Hi, I'm Laurie, #309." "Hi, Mike, #109, one floor below and to the right." "Hi there, #209, Lisa." "Hi, I'm Jay, #213, just moved in a week and a half ago."

Six random observations from the two hour eighteen minute meeting of a one side single sheet agenda.
  1. We have all been reduced to a first name and a three digit number.
  2. Everyone has issues about noise.
  3. My building is full of architects. Of the nine people that were at the meeting, three on the Board of Directors, there were four architects there. One worked for Mithun, one worked for NBBJ, one for some other office, and me.
  4. Everyone has issues about other units smoking wafting into their open windows.
  5. No one in the building has a backyard, but they somehow still have a NIMBY syndrome.
  6. Every building has at least one of each stereotypical tenant. It's fantastic. ++

No comments: