Friday, August 01, 2003

++ BRIAN SAYS, "I can philosophize myself into a meaningless, nihilistic, don't even actually exist outside of my own perception corner if I want. I can do that. At some point though, I realize that I have to live life through these tinted glasses (of myself). Though maybe it's a different shade than everyone else, I know that I have my own experiences. I also know that I can share those experiences. Sure if people are there with me, they see things differently, and even if I tell them about what I feel they still might not feel it the same. In the same way that (even though I never can) I want to know everything, I want to come as close as possible to real relationships with people. I value that they have a different perspective and experience. I value that I can learn to really care for them. Can I really explain why were different from animals? Does anything I do really have any meaning? Isn't everything really just a construct that we've made for ourselves? I don't know, but I don't think so. I think there are some absolutes..." ++

No comments: