Friday, May 23, 2003

++ I'M GOING TO SAN FRANCISCO! i'm going to san francisco, in 6 hours! woohoo! but i have to drive all night to get there tomorrow. boo. but i'll be there for 2 days! woohoo! but then i have to drive the 13.5 hours back. boo. but heather may get a computer in oregon on our way back! woohoo! but i won't, because i don't have my insurance money yet. boo. but i will soon! woohoo!

i broke the streak. i didn't even leave the house until 7.30am today. go me.

lesson 3 of 7:

Atlanta, GA
"It's been 4 months since I left the bubble of college, but in my heart I'm still there. I really do enjoy the real world so far, nothing too shocking has come up. The worst is that don't have that timeline in your head. The one that says this is the beginning and this will be the end, and then something new starts. The real world time line goes on forever. and if you have seen "The Sandlot" I mean to say "forever" in that tone, FOR-EV-ER.
what I have learned in the real world
.10. There is no one to pay your bills except you. If you don't pay them something bad happens.
.9. you think you are getting a college education so that you don't end up as the receptionist. It's all lies.
.8. After 10 weeks you still have to go to work.
.7. you are still paid poorly even though you have more expenses.
.6. everyone around you is either getting married or pregnant.
.5. Atlantans are still bitter the Yankees burned their city and won the war.
.4. the zoom game works just a well in the real world as it does on co-op.
.3. office chit chat centers around the important current events, like the Bachelor and American Idol.
.2. going a few days without a shower is frowned upon.
.1. surfing the Internet can ALWAYS be billed to a client, you're doing research." ++

No comments: