Thursday, May 22, 2003

++ MY CAR IS FIXED. it just cost me an arm and a leg. $978.78 to be exact. just to replace some cv boots, a split v-pipe. and a muffler, and to get an oil change. didn't know my one arm and my my long leg costed so much. i could survive with just one of each of those i'm sure. possibly no legs and no arms. then maybe i could buy me a nice camera.

and its 4 straight days now. i hope to break this streak.

the lessons continue... this time from cincinnati:

Cincinnati, OH
"Good to hear from you all. I've been checking my email every 5 minutes for the past week just waiting for those inevitable emails from the likes of Mr. Siwek, R Gill, and J Dubs. I can now rest peacefully at night. I would send you one, but I'm not sure I've learned 10 things since starting co-op. Let's try.
.10. Co-op = receptionist's bitch when she leaves to go to an afternoon Reds' game.
.9. Turning drawings into PDF's from AutoCAD is considered a worthy investment in my time here.
.8. Punch lists on crappy urban housing are fun cause you get to punch walls and stuff.
.7. Having to work for someone that is a big Browns fan can truly be painful.
.6. Co-op doesn't mean more free time; conversely, during co-op, other things will find ways of eating up your time, such as getting a new car. (Yes, the Tangerine Dream has officially been retired. The new "chick magnet" is an 89 Pontiac 6000, affectionately known as "White Thunder", or perhaps, "Creamy Goodness". I'll let you guys vote.)
.5. Once the office boiler has been turned off for the winter, it can't be turned on again (or at least that's what they tell us).
.4. Sports and war are touchy office conversation topics.
.3. Weather is an okay office conversation topic.
.2. Co-ops get the crappy computers while receptionists and the office manager get the new, faster models. (Cause they do more work anyway.)
And the number 1 thing I've learned on co-op:
.1. Chose your roommates more wisely next time. (Jason Fofrich + Sara White = BEST ROOMMATES EVER.) Sorry J Dubs and Mark. Sara buys jellybeans." ++

No comments: