Friday, May 02, 2003

++ ON WEDNESDAY after heather and i got home we noticed our laptops were missing...as well as my digital camera...as well as my digital camcorder...(about $10,000 total) and the back door was open. no problem i think, our landlord just came to borrow all four of those items without asking. uh huh. someone did come to 'borrow' those items without asking and i don't think they intend to give them back. i can't say i feel violated or defiled contrary to the expectation of everyone (all of 2) who have asked. i don't feel cheated or paranoid. i don't feel jumpy or obsessive/compulsive at checking to make sure my personal belongings have not been taken. i am not mad, angry, upset, 'homicidal' (as the seattle policeman told us he was when he was robbed twice in a two week period), or any combination of any of the above mentioned. i am however sad. not sad that someone would come and personally take my stuff. not sad that my stuff stuff is gone (well kind of). not even so much sad that someone else 'needs' the money so bad that he had to steal from someone (being me). more so sad that i can't get to the pictures and video that i had taken. 130 pictures i was going to upload that night. 57 minutes of 15 second clips of video dating back to last summer and the tail end of my trip to taiwan. pieces of my life and memories which i can't get back. thats what makes me sad.

anyway, if someone offers to sell you two laptops, a digital camera, or a digital camcorder, ask them if its from seattle. and if it is. kick them in the ass. and the balls too if you get the chance. ++

No comments: