Saturday, January 10, 2004

SOMEONE I KNEW DIED.

++ SOMEONE I KNEW DIED. a friend's little sister. she was on I-70 coming back to ohio from colorado with her dad and they got into an accident. i don't know what happenned. i didn't even really know her that well. but it makes me very very sad. my memory of her is when i was coming back home from seattle. we stopped to eat at my favorite restaurant in the whole united states, the wynkoop brewery. my friend and his sister had just got back into town. we were just passing through on our way back to ohio and had only a few horus to catch up, grab a bite to eat and leave. they met us there. she ordered macaroni and cheese but didn't want the ham. and a salad. we had an appetizer and i paid for the dinner. she lived in the dorms and went to colorado state and was very talkative and easy going. everyone gave her their leftovers so she could take back with her, because she didn't like the dorm food. when we left i hugged my friend and her and told them we would see them again soon. we said goodbye and walked around the corner without a look back. her last impression on me is a gleaming smile full of energy which lit up the night.

"may the road rise to meet you.
may the wind be always at your back.
the sun shine down upon your face.
the rains fall softly upon your fields.
and until we meet again may God,
may God hold you in the palm of his hands. " ++

No comments: